Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Places I Like: Mary Angela's



I grew up in NY State and pizza in NY State equates to large slice of thin pizza that can be folded in half. So while I can appreciate other styles of pizza, my default will always be that NY style slice. For my money, that is no better replicated than at Mary Angela's in Carytown.

Mary Angela's is a typical 70's style pizza shop with the cramped booths, painted Italian murals on the wall, and Italian football..er..soccer on the tv. Its location in carytown gives it a good dose of foot traffic, and it always seems to be crowded. That being said, I live close by and I frequent it through the perverbial take out. They have delivery, but most people say that it takes too long to get the pies and they are often too soggy by the time they arrive.

Truth is that I am very boring when I order from there. I always order the 18" x-large pie. This is key for slice folding (see ablove). As for toppings- pepperoni or sauage, sometimes onions. sometimes basil. The final product is a crispy-brown crust, gooey-salty cheese and perfection in the mouth.

It tastes amazing, the product is consistant and that is why I will continue to order from there.

Trackbacks


Powered By: TrackBackr

3 comments:

Bassett said...

ohhh mary angela's!!! my favorite pizza in all of richmond! I used to drive in from the west end to get it.

Garnett said...

Best pie in Richmond, hands down.

lady bird said...

I got best pie in a famous hookah bar
which is located in floreda.