Saturday, August 9, 2008

Working Lunch at Gutenberg

I love it when restaurants and cafes have wireless Internet. It's a great benefit and I often choose these places because of access to the world wide web. That being said, I get pissy when the wireless is down or not working properly. If I make a decision to go somewhere because of something and that something is not there, then it just sucks.

So the other day, my buddy and I had a working lunch over at Cafe Gutenberg. It's a great place. It's quiet, it's comfortable, good coffee, good wine, good beer and good menu. But, we made the decision to go there based on the wireless because we needed to reference some web pages during our discussion. As you can guess, the wireless was down and we were automatically frustrated. And in typical coffee shop fashion, there was no one there to fix the thing.

Thankfully we had food and it rocked. I had the Bella Panini with jumbo lump crab, tomato, mozzarella, sun dried tomato aioli on grilled artisan sourdough. It was almost the perfect sandwich. It was served with well seasoned hashed potatoes (they would have been only slightly better with a bit of a crust). Nevertheless, it settled my blood sugar and my frustration.

So I had a great meal and bad working lunch..... I'll come back but maybe with an air card this time.

Trackbacks


Powered By: TrackBackr

0 comments: