Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday Night Star-lite

So I have never been a huge fan of Star-lite as a drinking venue mostly because I don't like large crowds. I tend to more often find myself hanging out in the Commercial Tap House or Chiocca's. Anyway, last night I went to Commercial tap House and it was especially smoky and there was live music. It was not going to meet my needs for having good conversation.

I took a chance and walked the block to Star-lite. It seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Mind you it was about 78 degrees last night so it was a perfect night to sit on an open-aired porch. So we settled in and were happy to find out there were $6 pitchers and half-price appetizers.

Granted the beer was Miller Lite, but hey it was dirt cheap. What was a treat was the Crab-artichoke dip that we ordered. In typical fashion it was very rich and creamy. There were generous portions of crab and none of the ingredients seemed to overwhelm the spread. It had an especially nice kick to it. I couldn't tell if was a generous helping of cayenne pepper or jalapenos. Nevertheless, it was a nice compliment to my water....err..... beer.

I wouldn't mind making it a regular stop on future Sundays!

Trackbacks


Powered By: TrackBackr

1 comments:

Bassett said...

gotta love summer nights in the fan!